Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Earth Day

This year it was my second time participating to clean up the community for Earth Day. I am not going to lie, I participated for Earth Day because I didn't have enough points, and if I attented and helped out clean up the community, I would earn 15 points. The school put us into groups and assigned a speific area around heritage. My group and I set up a game that if whoever collected more trash at the end would win. Not only did this make it fun for us, but it made have alot of energy and proud of really caring for our community. At the end, although, I didn't win, I felt proud of myself and felt useful that I helped out the community. I collected sticks, wrappers, etc. I participated in Earth Day not just for points but to clean up garbage around the city. I truly hate seeing trash outside on the ground. People don't care if they litter and it makes me mad. What if a tourists comes or a visitor that is trying to live in our community? They will infer that we are irresponsible people and that we don't care if we litter our community. But if we take care of the Earth and the community, others will see how we actually care about the Earth. Overall, at the end, cleaning up the community was a nice experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment